Saturday 26 April 2008

Stoke Bruerne Trip.....

As mentioned previously, I made a quick trip to the village of Stoke Bruerne the other day, to look at the Blisworth Basin & Lock on the Grand Union Canal. There is a museum of narrow boat history there, but I didn't pay to go in. I'm not particularly interested in canals or narrow boats per se, but just went to see if there was anything worth photographing.

This is what I made of my lunchtime visit.






The two boats side-by-side in the lock are proper working boats, that were carrying a load of fabricated steel from Birmingham, down to London. Apparently this length of commercial trip is very unusual these days, and lots of narrow boat fans had come to see them go through the lock.

Not something I would have travelled on purpose for, but I thought it best to let sleeping ducks lie.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful....We don't have narrow boats in British Columbia. I guess in must be something to do with the mountains.