Tuesday 1 April 2008

De Fence Against De Felines.....


Grrrrrrrr......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My efforts of yesterday seem only to have encouraged the Phantom Feline Defecator to further atrocities.....


Totally scorning my strategically angled sticks and generous dousing of cat repellent, it has raked over my seed bed in the night, and left all the soil in a mound in the middle.......But only in the one tub I had actually planted. It completely ignored the other two!


Knowing that when I went to salvage things I would sooner or later find the steaming booby prize in the bran tub of life, this was not the type of "find the lady" which I very much care to play.


So......As you can see, I have stepped up my countermeasures, and erected a fence around the tubs. I have also put down a much stronger smelling, granular chemical repellent into the bargain.....We shall see if this does the trick or not.


I was going to call this post "Escape from Catditz"......but I want to keep the little sods out, not in!


5 comments:

Matron said...

I really comiserate with you! I spent hours raking my onion bed into a fine tilth.. only do discover it had been turned into a cat toilet overnight! Grrr indeed!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Know any dogs for loan?

Frankie said...

Nooooo just get a cat! Your own cat will fight off all others and go and pooh next door.

Anonymous said...

Greenmantle, you need a Scarecrow. It totally works against cats. And I mean totally; a 100% solution. Can't recommend it highly enough. Solved my cat crap problem overnight.

lilymarlene said...

I have pieces of rabbit fencing cut bigger than the top of the pots, and fit them to the pots..leaving them until there is a good show of green shoots. You can let the leaves grow through for a while before removing the wire net. I do it on my pots of bulbs and annuals fro the front door. The cats don't bother once there are a good few leaves on the plants.