Sunday 28 September 2008

Great Flaming Flamigos Bruce!.......

After all the rubbish weather of late, and the bru-ha-ha with my boiler, I decided a quick trip to Africa might be a welcome diversion, and so am now just back from the Okavango Delta in Botswana, home to famous massed flocks of flamingos.

Don't believe me?.....No, thought not.

OK, so I just went to Cotton Manor Gardens near Northampton, home of the altogether less massive flock of 5 tame birds. So tame in fact that you can get right up to them, while they stand on one leg, in formations, and obligingly pose for the camera.....I'm a cutting edge wild life photographer me!

The garden itself is beautiful, and very tranquil, although fairly small, so I was just beginning to think the £5.00 entry fee was a bit steep really, when I met the residents. Not everyone’s cup of tea perhaps, but enough to keep me there nearly two hours, trying to get a good result for my money.


2 comments:

Rebsie Fairholm said...

And there I was thinking you'd just gone to Africa to offload that boiler on a grateful village somewhere ...

Petunia's Gardener said...

I was buying that Africa trip! But you didn't have to go that far to get away. The flamigo shots are beautiful. Love the one on the lower, right. Almost looks like a flower with a head!