Saturday 25 August 2007

Tiny Gardener............

Nope, not an Elton John B-side....nor a reflection on my dieting prowess.

Just an update on the "mini-culture" going on in my tiny garden.

Pak Choi, rocket, cut 'n' come again lettuce, and radishes are all in the grow bags. And there are iceberg lettuce, baby beetroots, spring onions (very spindly), carrots, (very patchy) and a single, valiant, but extremely over optimistic Romano tomato plant, in the tubs.

This cold wet weather recently has stopped everything in its tracks, so thank god for a bit of sunshine this weekend.

Also to hopefully benefit from the sun will be the grapes.

The vine round the fence is huge, and covered in hundreds of bunches of very small grapes, all about the size of a fingernail. They are staring to turn in colour, but I have my doubts that they will swell very much now.

Guess I'll just have to use them for making wine then.........er.........Damn!

No comments: